Frequently Asked Questions

As we recommend all of our customers to follow the requirements as outlined by the Schengen region to apply to the Schengen Embassy where you are either first landing or spending the longest amount of time. However, based on the percent of successful applications, below are the ‘easiest’ to apply to:

  • Lithuania: rejected only 1,3% from visas application in 2018
  • Finland” rejected about 1,7 % in 2018
  • Iceland: also, 1,7 % of rejections
  • Latvia: rejected in 2018 only 2,1%
  • Poland: had a rate of 3% rejection in 2018

The processing time for a Schengen visa can be somewhere between 2 weeks and 2 months, depending on the Embassy requirements of the State you are applying to and the volume of applications that are coming through at that time.

There is no Schengen country that provides a longer visa than another one. It actually depends on the type of Visa you are applying to determine the length of the visa that you are staying in the region for. The longest Schengen visa is the multiple entry visa, which entitles you to stay within the Schengen region for a total of 90 days over a 180 day period.

The general recommendation is to apply for a Visa well ahead of the time you are planning to leave, this is because you need to get your documents ready, schedule an appointment at the Embassy and then await the decision. The shortest period this can typically occur is at minimum, 2 weeks before you are planning to leave. This is the shortest time the Embassy can process your application but the ideal time is between 1 month and 2 months.

There are a lot of reasons for a Schengen Visa to be rejected but two of the most common is that you have submitted incorrect documents or that you do not have enough evidence to show to the Embassy you have sufficient financial means for the duration of your trip in the Schengen Region. In an example such as these, the Embassy could conclude that you have no intention to return back to your country of residence, thus leading to the refusal of your application.

As long as you are filling with the correct information, of course, you can fill it by hand also. But don’t forget: in case that somebody else will fill it out for you, such as a visa or immigration specialist, only you can put your own signature on the application and get copies of original documents certified.

There are 26 countries that they are part of the Schengen Agreement: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

The Airport Transit Visa type doesn’t allow the traveler to leave the Schengen Country Airport area. The holder of the transit Visa has the possibility to stay in the Schengen country for up to 5 days.

As we help thousands of travellers with their Schengen VISA applications, we know exactly what is required to ensure a successful application. Our process has been refined over many years and what you are receiving is the exact Online VISA Management Portal we use for our consultation clients as well as the exact flight and accommodation reservations and medical insurance.

With a Limited Territorial Visa you are allowed to travel only in one or more specific Schengen States which is specified in your Schengen Visa. 

Some countries must get a Schengen Visa before travelling to the Schengen Area because the Directorate-General for Migration and Home Affairs of the European Commission is responsible for controlling immigration and crime. Visa applications in advance of arrival give countries a chance to consider the applicant’s circumstances and background and avoid irregular migrants entering the Schengen Area.

You are allowed to make small changes to your travel plans after you apply for a Schengen Visa. However, the travel purpose and destination should remain the ones you described in the application. 

Yes. You have to leave your original passport at the Embassy or Consulate to apply for a Visa. Otherwise, your Schengen Visa application will not be considered valid.

You can apply for a Schengen Visa from a country that is not your country of citizenship, but you must reside legally in that country. The Embassy officers will ask you to present a residency permit if needed. 

With a single-entry Schengen Visa, you can enter the Schengen Area once. With a double-entry Schengen Visa, you can enter it twice, and with a short-stay multiple-entry Visa, you can enter it as many times as you want, as long as you don’t break the 90/180 rule. 

Only type D National Visas allow individuals coming to one of the Schengen countries to stay longer than 90 days, for reasons like working or studying. You can get a type-D National Visa for studies, work, or family reunion. 

Short-stay Schengen visa extensions are permitted under the European Parliament’s regulation and of the Council (EC) No. 810/2009 of 13 July 2009 establishing a Community Code on Visas (Journal of Laws of the EU of 2009 L243/1). You can extend your short-stay Schengen Visa only if you have a valid reason to do that, such as receiving medical treatment, important personal reasons, force majeure, or humanitarian reasons. Please note that you can extend your current Visa only if it has not expired.  

If you overstay in Europe, you risk being banned from entering the Schengen Area for a specific period, or even forever. You will first be deported to your country. You can also get a fine for overstaying in the Schengen Area.

No, you cannot convert a type C short-stay Schengen Visa into a type-D National Visa. To get a type-D National Visa, you must apply at a Schengen Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence.

ETIAS stands for European Travel Information and Authorization System. ETIAS is a Visa waiver program (an electronic system that keeps track of travellers from countries who do not need a Visa to enter the Schengen Area). ETIAS is considered a bilateral agreement with some specific countries to strengthen security in the EU. 

As a general rule, when travelling to Europe, non-EU citizens have to apply for either the ETIAS EU visa waiver or the Schengen Visa. According to the ETIAS Visa waiver agreements, individuals eligible for the ETIAS EU Visa waiver are not required to apply for the Schengen Visa (because ETIAS only applies to citizens of countries that do not need a Visa to access the Schengen Area).

Local border traffic permits allow regular and frequent crossing of the EU’s external border by nationals of neighbouring non-EU countries resident in the border areas of the EU for legitimate reasons.  Border residents can cross the external land border of an EU country provided if:

  • They hold a local border traffic permit (and a passport, if required in the bilateral agreement).
  • They are not individuals in respect of whom the Schengen Information System has been alerted.
  • They are not considered to be a threat to public order.
Local border traffic permits are valid for a period that can vary between 1 and 5 years. 

Schengen Visa Calculator

Holders of a Uniform Schengen Visa are allowed to stay in the Schengen Area for a maximum of 90 days over a 180 days period. For more information, see here: